The following enrolment processes will normally occur for all students:
- The parents attend, ring or email the school requesting an Application for Enrolment Form. An enrolment form is also available from the CE website.
- For enrolments received during the school year to commence during that year, once the enrolment form is received, an interview with the Principal will take place.
- Parents wishing to apply for enrolment in Kindergarten for the following year are advised to apply during Term 1 of the year prior to their child attending Kindergarten.
- Receipt of the completed form will be acknowledged by the school.
- Parents will be contacted in Term 2 to arrange an interview with the Principal and a tour of Mt Carmel. The interview provides an opportunity to: meet the student and discuss the needs of the student with parents, answer any questions parents may have about Mt Carmel, visit classrooms and other general learning areas of the school and after the interview, parents will receive confirmation of enrolment along with details regarding the Orientation Program held in Term 4 for Kindergarten students.
Students are to be admitted at the beginning of the school year if they have already turned five years of age, or if they will have reached the age of five not later than 31st July.
Open Day and Parent Information Sessions
Each year during Catholic Schools Week, an Open Day and Parent Information Session is held to provide an opportunity for prospective families to see the school in operation. In 2018, our Open Day and Parent Information Sessions will be held at the following times:
Open Day Tuesday 7 May 2018 Tours at 10am, 12noon and 2pm
K-2019 Parent Information Evening Wednesday 9 May 2018 at 7pm Venue: Lacey Library
Kindergarten Orientation Program
To assist with the transition from home to school, all new Kindergarten children are invited to participate in our Orientation program held over three Wednesdays at the beginning of Term 4, where they can experience the routine of school life. Parents are warmly invited to a Parent Information Evening to be held on a Wednesday evening. An enrolment form needs to be completed prior to attendance at the Orientation program.
Kindergarten 2019 Orientation Sessions
Wednesday 24 October 2018 9.30am-12.30pm
Wednesday 31 October 2018 9.30am-12.30pm
Wednesday 7 November 2018 9.30am-12.30pm
Venue: Kindergarten classrooms
Kindergarten 2019 Parent Information Evening
Wednesday 7 November 2018 at 7pm
Venue: Lacey Library
The First Few Weeks
During Term One, Kindergarten children do not come to school on Wednesdays for the first six weeks.
Please contact the school for further details. The official enrolment period is during May. It is desirable that Kindergarten enrolments be completed during this time, however late applications will be considered. Click this link to view the Enrolment Policy for the Archdiocese of Canberra/Goulburn.