Many activities at our school require parental involvement, which we see as being of great assistance to our students. To help us provide the best possible education for your children, your involvement as parents is always welcome.
Help can be in many forms:
- helping children come to know and love God our Creator; by taking children to mass for sacraments,
- ensuring that homework is being completed;
- ensuring that your child is happy at school;
- ensuring that your child is reading and/or being read to each night (or regularly) and enjoying it; and talking with your child about school (highlighting the positive aspects).
- participating in the Sacramental program;
- assisting the class with reading, craft, computer work, typing stories, or any area of the curriculum that you enjoy or have competency in;
- assisting when transport is required;
- attending Working Bees;
- attending Community Council meetings twice a year;
- support and attendance at school functions;
- offering to serve a term on the Community Council;
- offering to help in our canteen;
- offering to assist the Classroom Support teacher by becoming Parent Reading Tutors at the school.
Parents' participation in the life of the school community is strongly invited and warmly welcomed at all levels.
Parent Teacher Interviews
Parent-teacher interviews are held throughout the year and can be made by appointment.
Term 1 Parent-Teacher Interviews will be held on Wednesday 10 April from 3:30-7:30pm and on Thursday 11 April from 3:30-6:30pm. Parent Teacher Online (PTO) will be open for booking from 7am on Monday 1 April.
To make a booking, click here.
Mt Carmel Playgroup meets Thursday Mornings at 9am - 11am at the front room of the PAC (off Dutton St). Cost: $3 for the first child, $1 for subsequent children in your family.
Before and After School Care
We are pleased to offer high-quality Before and After School Care. Please contact Rebecca Ormsby on 0458 969 206 for further information.
The Uniform Shop will be open each Tuesday from 2.30pm to 4.00pm. All Qkr! orders placed before 2pm on Tuesday, will be bundled up and sent home with your child on Wednesday afternoon. A copy of the order form can also be found here.
The canteen is open each Thursday and Friday. Lunch orders are avialble to order and pay via Qkr! and must be placed by 9am each canteen morning. Orders can also be placed by writing child’s name, class and order on bag and place money inside bag. It is then placed into the childs class lunch tub and delivered to the canteen each canteen morning. The view the current canteen menu, please click here.
If you wish to see or print the High Frequency Sight Words (Set 1-15), please click here.