Many activities at our school require parental involvement, which we see as being of great assistance to our students. To help us provide the best possible education for your children, your involvement as parents is always welcome.
Help can be in many forms:
- helping children come to know and love God our Creator; by taking children to mass for sacraments,
- ensuring that homework is being completed;
- ensuring that your child is happy at school;
- ensuring that your child is reading and/or being read to each night (or regularly) and enjoying it; and talking with your child about school (highlighting the positive aspects).
- participating in the Sacramental program;
- assisting the class with reading, craft, computer work, typing stories, or any area of the curriculum that you enjoy or have competency in;
- assisting when transport is required;
- attending Working Bees;
- attending Community Council meetings twice a year;
- support and attendance at school functions;
- offering to serve a term on the Community Council;
- offering to help in our canteen;
- offering to assist the Classroom Support teacher by becoming Parent Reading Tutors at the school.
Parents' participation in the life of the school community is strongly invited and warmly welcomed at all levels.
2020 School Fees
Tuition Fee $320 per family per term
(Determined annually by Catholic Education Canberra Goulburn)
Mt Carmel Levies
(Determined annually by the Mt Carmel School Community Council)
Resource Levy $52 per student per term
Technology Levy $42 per student per term
Running Costs Levy $164 per family per term
Maintenance Levy $122 per family per term
Community Council Levy $15 per family per term
Examples of Term Fee Charges
Primary Fees for 2020 $715 per term for a single student or $55 per week
The Catholic Education Commission (CEC) offers a the following discounts to the Primary Tuition Fee based on the number of children in the family:
- 50% discount on the Primary Tuition Fee if a sibling attends another Archdiocesan (ACT or NSW) secondary systemic school
- No charge for a 4th or subsequent child attending a primary, central or secondary school
Mt Carmel School has a particular responsibility to welcome, accept and support those who are poor, marginalised and in most need. Our conviction is that no student will be refused enrolment or be disadvantaged because of an inability on the part of parents/guardians to meet financial requirements. Fee remissions are offered in cases of financial hardship. Parents may apply for a fee remission by contacting the School Principal or Bursar. All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
Please click here to view the fees and breakdown structure.
Information for parents regarding payment of fees during COVID-19
Mt Carmel School is committed to providing financial assistance to support families who have lost their economic livelihood as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The position of Catholic education is that no child will be denied a Catholic education because of financial circumstances.
Please find attached a letter containing information regarding school fees and possible financial assistance. A copy of this correspondence has also been placed on the school website on the Forms and Documets page. Please click here, to view the letter and access the request forms.
Mt Carmel Playgroup meets Thursday Mornings at 9am - 11am at the front room of the PAC (off Dutton St). Cost: $3 for the first child, $1 for subsequent children in your family.
Before and After School Care
We are pleased to offer high-quality Before and After School Care. Please contact Rebecca Ormsby on 0458 969 206 for further information.
The Uniform Shop will be open each Tuesday from 2.30pm to 4.00pm. All Qkr! orders placed before 2pm on Tuesday, will be bundled up and sent home with your child on Wednesday afternoon. A copy of the order form can also be found here. The view the school's Uniform Policy, please click here.
The canteen is open each Thursday and Friday. Lunch orders are avialble to order and pay via Qkr! and must be placed by 9am each canteen morning. Orders can also be placed by writing child’s name, class and order on bag and place money inside bag. It is then placed into the childs class lunch tub and delivered to the canteen each canteen morning. The view the current canteen menu, please click here.
If you wish to see or print the High Frequency Sight Words (Set 1-15), please click here.